Come to the inaugural Sustainable Cottaging Day, June 29th at Juniper Island – one hour before the ASLC AGM, which begins at 10 am, and following the AGM, from noon until 3 pm.
Wander the booths and meet experts on a variety of cottaging and related environmental issues, including:
• Kate Grierson from Climate Reality Project Canada who can answer your questions about the science and impacts of climate change;
• Kathleen Shepherd, Public Health Inspector with Peterborough County Health Unit, who can address your concerns about septics – how to tell if it's time to repair or update yours, what are the signs to watch for;
• Wendy Boggs, Education Coordinator at the Ontario Turtle Conservation Centre – an expert on turtle habitat – with several turtle friends in tow;
• Douro-Dummer Fire Chief Chuck Pedersen, who brings a wealth of knowledge about fire prevention and safety strategies;
• the OPP, who will address boating safety on our lakes.
. The boating safety booth will have a map where you can identify areas where speed or traffic is creating unsafe conditions.
• Matt Logan, tree health expert;
• plus authorities on water quality and testing, invasive species, including the latest threat to our lakes, and more!
Please reach out to volunteer! Connect with:
John Huycke: John.email@example.com
Or Brett Somerville